March 13, 2012

Branching Out






































I saw this idea awhile back, and since I don't have any of my bedroom furniture yet, I thought it would be a good way to add something to the room and display my jewelry. Basically it's as easy as going outside, finding a tree, and picking up a fallen branch. I found a couple but this one looked the best on my wall. To hang it up, I just nailed right through it.






































In the blog I found it on, they just put small nails into the branch to hang things on. But I had already nailed it to the wall at that point and it wasn't so easy! So I went to Home Depot and bought these S-Hooks for only a dollar. They come in different sizes so you can put them on different parts of the branch.

Trees are so organic, natural, and complex. A single branch has such a beauty to it, it's almost like hanging a piece of art on your wall. If anyone else gives it a try, I'd love to see your pictures!

2 comments: