March 10, 2012

In Estate of Happiness


















































Yesterday I went to my first estate sale in Atlanta, and it was a very rewarding one! I got a whole armful of things for less than $15!

The biggest find was this green fleece heating blanket. I definitely needed one of those because—as I'm sure you know—old houses are drafty...and baby, its still cold outside! On top of that, I'm sleeping on a air mattress (which, if you have never slept on one before, likes to suck in and retain every bit of cold no matter what temperature the house is). So, needless to say, I needed something warm.

I also found a small stuffed pillow. I have had this cool vintage fabric for awhile now and had recently decided I wanted to make a pillow case out of it cause it goes well with my bed sheets. I will post a picture when it's done!

Next are the two rubbermaid pitchers. I don't think I'll be able to have enough of these. (only 50 cents each...I couldn't pass them up anyway...)

I loved the style of this little compact radio, and it even has a working battery, so I'm listening to it even as I type! Next to that is a timer so that you can set your lamps to turn on/off at a certain hour. Really useful.

And finally, in front is a wooden yardstick and a colorful doormat.

Anyone else found anything interesting lately?


3 comments:

  1. Found a beautiful old book about Italy, written in Italian, with enormous photo illustrations. Now I just have to get it translated so I can read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up quite early this morning to go to my first garage sale of the year. When I got there... I could tell I would have had alot more fun sleeping. The person was selling like 30 things and half of them were romance novels. *LOL*

    I love your finds you got some real great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph, that sounds amazing! It must be a fantastic book to want to learn Italian just to read it! ;) And Vintage Coconut, awe, it's so disappointing when that happens...but then you will go to another one and it will be amazing! It's such a hit or miss...

    ReplyDelete