October 13, 2017

Lincoln Beauty-ful Makeover

I've had this Lincoln Beautyware dispenser for awhile now. It was something from my Granny's house that I always loved.



As I'm planning out our kitchen design, the one thing I know for sure is that the main color is going to be aqua. So far, all we've done is paint a few items Aqua and bought a vintage Frigidaire oven (more on that to come...) but then I stumbled upon this photo from a Retro Renovation post:



If you look straight back, you'll notice a Lincoln Beautyware dispenser. I loved the way that looked, so I thought I'd customize my own to match. (I love that whole kitchen BTW *drool*)


























I started by peeling off the only label that was loose. That would be easy to hot glue back on later.


























Then I put some painter's tape over the other labels and pushed them into the creases with my fingernail.


























After that, I carefully cut along the crease with an X-acto knife.


























The tape pulled away easily.


























I only wanted these two pieces to be aqua, so that meant I had to cover everything else in painter's tape too.


























Allow me to introduce you to my favorite spray paint: Valspar Color Radiance Paint + Primer (84508: Nautical). You can buy it at Lowe's. (Since this is my favorite color, I can also tell that you that if you are looking for this in a wall paint, Clark + Kensington has pretty much an exact match with 30C-4, Good Life.)


























Definitely don't skip out on buying a top coat as well, since this spray paint (as most do) will chip without it. (I know from experience!) I chose Rustoleum's Satin Clear Enamel, but depending on what type of finish you like, there are glossy and matte options as well.




The instructions recommend two thin coats, so that's what I did. Then I covered it in the top coat and now it's ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment