October 5, 2017

"Mad Men" Inspired Bedroom

Okay, let's face it. 72.5% of the reason I watched Mad Men was for the style. From the interior designs to the costumes, there was such attention to detail! One of my absolute favorites though was Joan's apartment. That coral/aqua combo is just amazing.

So I painted the walls coral (Benjamin Moore 2169-40 "peach cobbler") and I bought some fabric from Hobby Lobby for the curtains (a white muslin and "spearmint" cotton). I love it with the Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set we have and it just makes the room feel so happy when the sun pours in through that south window.

Of course, the walls and one of the corners feel a little naked, and I'm still short one nightstand, so we're not done yet! But boy does that color make a world of a difference!

Inspiration: Joan's "Mad Men" Apartment







No comments:

Post a Comment