March 25, 2011

In Estate of Mind

I've been a frequent thrift store shopper for awhile now, but it wasn't until last weekend that I went to my first estate sale. I since have been going a bit estate sale crazy, once I realized all the treasures you can find and at amazing prices. I live near the Chicago area, and have found that the ones closer to the city are usually filled with some amazing pieces. Today I stopped by two, one which was very pricey but the other was a little too good! I probably bought too much! 0:) Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of some of the things I found. 

And to explain a few--I was excited about the strainer because that's the color I'm planning my future kitchen to be. :) The gavel is definitely to silence my future children when they are disturbing the peace! (lol) As far as the apron goes, it has two large pockets, each with a drawing like the one shown above. I loved the illustrations, especially the grumpy farmer which made me laugh. Also, I bought that box below the lamp because I loved the design on it, but does anyone know what it was made for? It doesn't seem large enough to be a hat box, but I wasn't sure. It was the perfect size in my opinion, but I am still curious to know. 

And finally, as a side note, I apologize for the horrible quality of the photos--as of now, I have nothing better to take them with than my 1.3 megapixel phone. Hopefully I will get something a little better soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment