April 28, 2012

Chicken Curry Stew



This is a deliciously flavorful recipe that I often make when I am in the mood for something hearty. The curry spice I use really gives it the flavor that I like so much about it, but I'm sure you can substitute whatever type of curry that you like best. Mine comes in a box called "Golden Curry" with foiled gold lettering. It gives it flavor and a little spice, but nothing that will destroy your sinuses! Also, I recommend when you store it in the fridge to mix in any leftover rice that you have and it will soak up the flavors—it makes really great seconds. Anyway, without further ado:

You will need:
  • 1 lb. chicken
  • 1 packet "Golden Curry"
  • celery
  • carrots
  • onion 
  • russet potatoes
  • vegetable oil

Cut celery, carrots, potatoes, and chicken into bite sized pieces (in equal amounts). Place veggies and potatoes in pot, cover with water, and begin to boil. Cook chicken and diced onions in pan with vegetable oil. Once chicken and onions are cooked, add to pot. Stir in curry. Cook until vegetables are soft. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment