April 30, 2012

Mister Retro
















































My plan is to eventually have a housewarming party and I would love for it to have a retro theme. Of course as a graphic designer, this is the perfect opportunity to design something adorable for my invitations! Some of my favorite illustrations come from Mister Retro. He still has a very characteristic 60's look, and I love the way that he uses color fields and outlines. The perspective is usually insanely inaccurate, which makes everything look so funky and playful too. After looking at a lot of his work, I was able to come up with this design for the front of the invite. I used a sharpie to create all the outlines, and then went back and added the colors in the computer. I wasn't sure how it was going to all come together, but I think it turned out pretty cute! :)

Also, I'm still coming up with ideas for games to play / food to serve at the party. Does anyone have any suggestions??

2 comments: