April 24, 2018

Dreams of A Vintage Kitchen

Someone in my area is selling this beautiful, mid century kitchen (below) that I would absolutely die for. Wish I could just take the whole thing and put it in my house as-is!







Anyway, feels aside, I started thinking again about our countertops. Eventually, I'd like to redo them and wrap around to the stove area. But the minty laminate we have now with the gold speckles (though amazing) isn't made anymore. I'd love to go aqua like the kitchen above, but none of the major stores sell anything in remotely the right hue. They have one kind of cool Boomerang print, but it's a desaturated pale blue, and just doesn't work for me. Formica was still selling an aqua boomerang until just a few years ago when they discontinued it. I asked them about custom orders, but unfortunately I never heard back.



I think Retro Renovation is an amazing resource, but since some of the older posts can be a little out-of-date, I wanted to put it out there that the site Abet Laminati still exists and sells tons of great colors. I just ordered samples of 846, 486, 857 and 482, and I'll post an update on the colors when they come in. Fingers crossed that we can find a good aqua in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment