April 20, 2018

Mad Women



If you loved Mad Men, you will really appreciate this book.

I just finished it; it's a pretty quick read. A fellow graphic designer recommended it. The author is Jane Maas, and she is basically a real-life Peggy Olson. She worked her way up the food chain on Madison Avenue in the 60s and 70s. In it, she gives her account of the way things were and answers questions about the accuracy of the show. I thought it was really inspiring, and it was fun to get immersed in the Mad Men culture again.

In honor of the book, I thought I would share some of my favorite ads I have from old LIFE magazines. The hand drawn illustrations blow me away every time, and I can always appreciate a good pun. On top of that, I think these ads in particular have great layouts. Without further ado, enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment